General cargo are goods that will not susceptible to lose their consumer qualities within a specific time period.
Alcohol beverages containing 70% or less alcohol by volume, when packed in receptacles of 5L or less.
What documents to attach?
Ensure below documents are securely attached to the shipment
- Consignment Note (CN) - shipper, recipient details and barcodes must be clearly visible
- Commercial Invoice
Packaging of all general cargo shall meet the following requirements:
- Recycled carton box are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Cushioning materials must be placed inside of the inner packaging as the absorbent to a proportion of the kinetic energy arising when the package suffers impact or is dropped and increase the braking distance of the package contents. Correct selection and sizing of the cushioning material thus ensure that the package content suffers no damage.
Box-in-Box Packing Method
- Wrap product(s) individually with at cushioning material to fit snugly inside a corrugated box.
- Restrict product movement inside the box using filler like crumpled newspaper, loose fill peanuts, or other cushioning material.
- Close and tape the inner box using the H taping method. This will help prevent accidental opening.
- Fragile goods are cargo that are deemed easily damaged.
- Due to the potential damage of fragile goods, these cargos will require careful handling in acceptance, storage, handling, and transportation by truck or aircraft.
- Fragile cargo is labelled with “Fragile” stickers.
Learn more about Frozen Item Packing